February 9, 2011

So here is a story...

all about how my life got flipped turned upside down. I'd like to take a minute just sit right down and I'll tell you how I got engaged in my little college town. (that was rad.) =D





So as my clever little intro may have mentioned, I'm now engaged! It's so exciting right! Anyway here are the deets. I knew Tyler was picking up my ring sometime Monday afternoon and I also knew he was planning on calling my dad that night as well. I didn't think he would propose the same day though. In fact I figured he wouldn't. He told me many times that once he got my ring he would probably carry it around in his pocket for a week before he actually proposed. I told him when I first showed the ring that I wanted that I didn't want to know when he bought it or anything like that cuz I wanted to be surprised. Yeah...that didn't go so well, even if he tried to do it that way my curiosity would have gotten the better if me and I would've bugged him till he told me anyway. So surprise is out the window at this point. Anyway, I got home from work that night knowing what all went down for Tyler that day. He came over to my apartment and asked if I wanted to get pizza with him cuz he was hungry. I had already eaten but I said I would go with him anyway (ok I did end up eating a slice and a couple pieces of crazy bread anyway...). I knew he bought my ring that day but I didn't know if he had it with him or not. While we were waiting for our pizza I got curious and started checking his pockets. I checked all of them! His pants pockets, his jacket pockets, even the hood on his jacket...no luck. Grrr. Then we got in the car and drove back to my apartment. I started on some homework, slightly disappointed when I couldn't find my ring. He leaned over to me and told me that he did have it on his person and that if I could find it then I could have it. I got excited and checked all his pockets again. Nothing. I went over by the door and shook out his shoes. Nothing. I checked all the belt loops of his jeans. Nothing. I checked all the seams of his shirt. Nothing. I checked his socks. Still nothing. Then I had an idea...ya know that little tiny pocket that they tuck in the normal pocket that's barely big enough to put a tube of chap stick in? I hadn't checked that one yet. I started to go for that one and Tyler immediately said, "Hey, stay out of there." I knew I had hit the jackpot! I didn't pull it out yet though. I'd let him do that part. ;) So I went back to my homework trying to finish as soon as possible. I couldn't focus anyway. A little bit later we started watching Arrested Development and as we were sitting on my couch he started playing with my Claddaugh Ring that I had been wearing before. He would take it off and wait a minute before he put it back on. My hand was under a blanket so I couldn't see what ring he was putting back on my finger. Every time I checked, it was never the real one. After he did this like 20 times I took my hand away so he would stop torturing me. Another few minutes went by and I was starting to get antsy and a little annoyed that he hadn't just asked me yet. It was torture I tell you! ;) Then he grabbed my chin the way he always does and said, "Hey, look at me... Katie, will you marry me?" I smiled and said yes. Then he put my ring on my finger. =D It wasn't anything elaborate or this huge planned out thing, in fact we weren't even home alone, all my room mates were just in their rooms at the time. It was still pretty cute though. So, yeah, that's the story.

We'll be getting married Thursday May 19th in the Logan Temple. I'm super excited! I never thought I would say that a Monday was a fabulous day...but this one was! =D

1 comment:

  1. aaaaahh!!! Katie that is so exciting, I'm super happy for you

    ReplyDelete