November 3, 2012

Thanksgiving





I have come to the conclusion that Thanksgiving is the neglected middle child of Holidays...and it makes me sad. You would think that in a country with such a high obesity rate we would THRIVE on a holiday that a large part of its purpose is to EAT whatever you want and as MUCH as you want and not have anyone judge you for it. Am I right?! 

I love Thanksgiving. I get slightly annoyed when Radio Stations start paying Christmas Music on November 1st. Someone REALLY should invent Thanksgiving Music and make millions!

Yesterday I went to Michaels to try to find something to hang on my door to replace my Halloween Wreath...all they had was a little teeny tiny display w/ the leftover Halloween stuff that didn't sell. Really?? I was disappointed. I left without buying anything and went to Hobby Lobby instead. They weren't much better but at least had an aisle and a half dedicated to Thanksgiving. The rest of their holiday aisles were Christmas...but they have at least an aisle or two of Christmas stuff up all year so I was ok with life at this point.

I feel holidays should read as follows (size=emphasis, color is not important other than to brighten up the text):

Halloween, Thanksgiving, Christmas

I LOVE LOVE LOVE Christmas...don't get me wrong. I have more Christmas decor than anything else in my house and the spirit of the season and what it's all about is incredibly wonderful and very comforting. I'm just of the belief that Thanksgiving is just as important, to remember what we have in life and to be grateful for it. So often we take the simple things for granted, I know I do it all the time. 

I'm super excited for Christmas every year but I refuse to forget about Thanksgiving. It needs its turn too.   

No comments:

Post a Comment