June 26, 2012

What do I do now??

I'm going to warn you now...this post may not have a happy tone, mostly because I am not in a happy mood. You will understand by the end.

A little background: I started my job in Ogden in July 2007, got my Level 5 in 2008, I transferred to Cache Valley in May 2009, and then moved to my current branch in June 2010. Ok I think that's good enough background. In short, I've been at my job for 5 years and my last "promotion" was in 2008.

I've applied for promotions in the past (since my Level 5 in 08), each time going in with more experience than the time before. Well about a week ago another Lead Teller position opened up. Of course I applied right away. I had high hopes for this one...I have more Lending experience than I ever had before, I have plenty of interviewing experience, and I certainly know my job. I felt I had done everything I could to be ready for this and be the best choice. So I was confident that I would get this one. Did I mention that this would be the 6th Lead position I've applied for? Yeah you read right...that is a 6. Six applications...and now...six rejections.

That's right, I didn't get this one either. So now I'm faced with a decision...do I stick around and wait for #7 to open up (if it even does) or do I move on with my life and look for something else?

Input would be nice. :)

To put it lightly I kinda feel like the fat kid getting picked last in Gym Class.

I'm frustrated...wouldn't you be?!

No comments:

Post a Comment