March 10, 2011

Day off

Yesterday I had a day off. It was really nice, both in weather and just having a day where I could do what I needed to. I woke up around 8, which is huge for me since I'm not a morning person at all. Early classes for both Tyler and me this semester is messing with my head I think. It was nice being up though, then I didn't have to rush to get ready. I could take my time. So I got dressed, fixed my hair a little bit, and watched a couple episodes of Friends. The night before I had a small emergency...while I was closing the gate to the branch I broke a nail! It hurt so bad! I called Tammy as soon as I could and told her what happened. I needed it fixed ASAP cuz me and Tyler were taking our engagement pictures Wednesday afternoon. She was able to fit me in on her lunch, which meant I got to go back and visit good old Lomond View Elementary. I always forget how tiny that school is, it seemed so huge when I was little and was at school there. We turned that Faculty Room into a nail salon for a few minutes. The different reactions from the teachers were really funny! The difference between the reaction from girls versus the guys was amazing. One teacher came in, female, and said that was her favorite smell in the world and immediately after that another teacher stopped in, male, and he could barely breath...seriously almost gagging. Crazy! Personally I love the smell of fresh acrylic nails, it's wonderful. Anyway I got my nail fixed all pretty again and headed back up to Logan to get ready for pictures.

Chelsea took us to a bunch of her favorite spots around Logan. Most I didn't know existed, little alleys tucked between the old buildings. It was super fun. We'll have a lot of fun ones to choose from I'm sure. I'm excited to get them back. I'll post a few here when I do and the rest I'll probably upload to Facebook. So watch for those. :)

After pictures we stopped by Avonlea on Main Street to pick up a little suit I had ordered in for Hunter and Dain to wear at my reception. So cute, I'm so excited! Then we stopped in the branch and opened a Wedding Account, hopefully that will lessen the amount we get in cards and stuff at the reception...plus it'll make it easier to keep track of since I work at AFCU. Since we were in Macey's we grabbed a few groceries to make dinner and then spent the rest of the night watching Scrubs. It was a good day off, it felt like a real day off too, no work AND no school! Super nice!

No comments:

Post a Comment