December 27, 2010

Christmas weekend!



Christmas was wonderful! I love it. The only thing I think that could have made it better was being able to spend some time with Tyler. We only were able to talk to each other on the phone on Christmas Eve and Christmas Day. Neither of us thought it felt like Christmas this year. It was kinda strange. Anyway, I think one of the best parts of Christmas this year was watching my nieces and nephews open their presents from Grandma and Grandpa. They got an awesome red wagon and went for a ride in it later since there wasn't any snow (LAME). All of them got books and toys and some clothes. Makayla got the coolest pair of shoes, courtesy of her favorite Aunt Katie (even though Grandma's name was on the tag). Seriously, if they came in my size I would totally wear them! They were gold checkered and they were shiny on some squares and the others were sparkly. Who wouldn't want awesome shoes like that?! I wish I had a picture...a description just doesn't do it justice. Hunter had a Cars Christmas...Cars chair, Cars books, Cars jammies, Cars bean bag, basically just Cars everything.



Dainin got an Aggie T-shirt and we were twins on Christmas. It was precious so we took a picture. He also got a frog Pillo Pet that's way cute and books. Andy and Shaunee got storage shelves. Shaunee's face when they opened that one was so epic! You would think that she had just won the lottery. It was funny.



This is a photo of Christmas Chaos! It was a mess but cleaned up rather quickly. My stash is on the far right on the couch. All the books lined up on the back of the couch. I have a lot of reading to do...it's not going to get done before school starts probably. Darn. At the bottom you can see Dain sitting in his wagon. He didn't want to get out. It was cute. Anyway, over all it was a really good Christmas.

On another topic, Sunday I finally got to see Tyler. His family was doing a progressive Christmas dinner and he thought it would be the perfect opportunity to have meet them. It wasn't just his immediate family either. It was Aunts, Uncles, cousins, everyone. It was fun. They're good people. We each got a lot of questions cuz apparently his family doesn't get together very often, which is weird to me but that's only cuz my family gets together all the time. We live close though so it's easier. Tyler's family doesn't. He's got cousins in St. George, one of his aunts family lives in Singapore, his sister Julia lives in Minnesota, and his oldest sister Charity lives in New York. Those arrangements make it hard to get together a lot. So now I can say I've met the bulk of his family...probably. I don't know how big his family is though. I still have yet to meet his dad, step mom, half brother, and his oldest sister Charity. That's going to be another adventure. It was good to meet them though. They were really nice. I was a little nervous though cuz, ya know, meeting the family for the first time. I hope I didn't disappoint. I look forward to spending more time with his family and getting to know them better. It'll be a good time.

No comments:

Post a Comment